Now that you signed in and built your profile, it's time to start exploring the Innovator's Edge resources.
The Innovator’s Edge platform and our simple straight-forward innovation process can make innovation easier and accessible for insurance industry companies of all size, and, in a relatively short period of time, help members identify innovation that drives efficiency gains, new products or services, and accelerate Growth Through Innovation.
Using Innovator's Edge you will:
- Develop expertise in the technologies that will create opportunity
- Quickly identify tech startups that can show you what is possible, and meet specific needs
- More efficiently identify and analyze startups – saving time and money
Innovator's Edge includes information on approximately 40,000 early stage tech companies from 175 countries. These are a mix of insurtechs—companies that are focused on changing how the industry manages risk, engages with customers and drives operational efficieny—and risktech, which are tech startups that are creating new economies and risks, generating new opportunities for insurance. The Innovator's Edge platform allows you to quickly drill down to find the companies and solutions you need.
Learn about a specific technology area.
- If you have a specific technology in mind-–or even a specific company--you can use the global search field at top of the page.
- Click on Category to get a view of startups organized by technology or insurance focus. Here you will find a mix of strategic tech domains, such as Artificial Intelligence, or Autonomous Vehicles, or tech startups that are focused on specific sectors of insurance, such as auto insurance or claims.
- The analytics tool offers another view of a specific tech area, allowing you to see where the money is flowing, by technology, time frame, or even country.
Search for a specific set of solutions.
- Click on the Companies link to access startups (the default view) and use the Advanced search tools on the right-hand side of the page to quickly narrow down from thousands to a handful. You can select technologies, insurance focus, countries, funding amounts and founding dates to narrow your search. You can continually change and refine your searches.
- Create portfolios to save your searches and search results. First, create a portfolio, then when you conduct searches you can add some or all of the companies to a portfolio for review at your convenience. (Click portfolios to view your saved portfolios and load all the companies.)
- Click on the Matchmaking link to define a set of requirements and Innovator's Edge will find the companies that are the most relevant match for you. The IE algorithms continually find and recommend matches based on your preferences, as new companies are added, and as your activities increase within the platform.
- Beneath the Companies link, select Accelerators to view the leading insurtech accelerators around the work...and their startup cohorts. Accelerators are a great way to find startups that have been "pre-screened" and mentored on insurance...all from the convenience of your computer, without the time and expense of travel or joining and accelerator to learn about their startups.
Get a deeper look at a company and its capabilities.
- All of the search tools—categories, global search and companies—give you lists of companies. Clicking on company names leads to the startup profile where you get more detail on a company and its solution. Some companies have added videos, articles and presentations to tell their stories, and you also can see their executive team, funding information if available, and the tags that are applied to their solution. The profile also includes links to their website and social media channels for additional information.
- In addition to the profile information described above, profiles that include a Report button bring you to the Market Maturity Review, a set of more in-depth info provided by the startup in areas of interest to an insurer—technology, compliance, strategy and capacity.
- Your browsing of profiles and company information is anonymous until you click the "contact now" link in a startup's profile.
Email us at email@example.com