Build your network at participating events
Event organizers can offer attendees an opportunity to connect with other conference attendees through the event networking features of Innovators Edge. Through this simple tool, users will be able to find information about the event, match and schedule networking meetings with other attendees with similar interests, take and share notes from meaningful conversations, and more.
Step 1 - Sign-up or log in
Navigating to the Innovator's Edge events page and search for an event. Or if you have received the link to a specific event, go to that page.
To start networking you will be prompted to log in or sign up, using either your LinkedIn credentials or your email to create a free IE account.
Step 2 – Build a personal profile
Your personal profile describes you and lists your interests in specific areas of insurance and technology. This information is used to help attendees find each other and to drive matchmaking for meetings.
Step 3 - Manage Meetings
The Manage Meetings feature within a specific event's profile page is where you can browse attendees and narrow your search by matching with attendees who share similar interests. Participating event organizers set aside specific times and meeting locations during the conference, and your confirmed appointments will be assigned a number for you to find your assigned meeting location.
Step 4 – Take notes on meetings and sessions
Within your meeting tools, a new feature allows you to take notes on any meetings to sessions that you have added to your calendar. Click on the green write icon to open a box to add notes that you want to include, before, during or after an event. You can re-open the note and add to it at any time. At the end of the conference, click View Event Report to view all of your notes, along with the date, time and subject. You can also delete notes from this report view. You can reference this at your convenience, or copy and paste this information into a document, or simply print this web page to share with others.
- Meeting time slots are set for brief, introductory 15 minute meetings.
- You can manage your calendar to block out times when you are busy or otherwise unavailable for others to meet with you.
- When meetings are confirmed, you will receive an email confirmation with link to add to your personal calendar,
- You can also use the events tool to identify sessions to add to your schedule. If you add conference sessions to your calendar, those times will not be available for networking meetings.
- If you have any questions about IE, do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org