Our Commitment to User Data Privacy
We’re committed to open and transparent data privacy practices and partnering with our users, customers and partners to help them understand and prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
GDPR is the most comprehensive EU data privacy law in decades and will go into effect on May 25, 2018. It’s an important legislative change in data privacy regulation to further protect user data and will replace the Data Protection Directive.
Besides strengthening and standardizing user data privacy across the EU nations, it will require new or additional obligations on all organizations that handle personal data, regardless of where the organizations themselves are located. On this page, we’ll explain our methods and plans to achieve GDPR compliance.
Preparing for the GDPR
Although Insurance Thought Leadership already has comprehensive data privacy documentation that you can access in our Knowledge Center, the GDPR’s updated requirements are significant and our team has worked diligently to bring Insurance Thought Leadership’s product offerings in line. We have taken many measures to achieve GDPR compliance, including:
- Reviewing and making appropriate changes to our processes to be in compliance with GDPR
- Creating new processes and documentation to enable users to take actions on their data, such as disabling individual user accounts, deleting their user accounts, or removing individual profiles on Insurance Thought Leadership and Innovator’s Edge.
- Providing relevant privacy training to our team to ensure the integrity and protection of user data
- Reviewing and making appropriate changes to all relevant contractual terms
- Continuing to invest in our security infrastructure
- Continuing to review our product offering and make any necessary adjustments to stay in compliance
We’ll also continue to monitor the guidance around GDPR compliance from privacy-related regulatory bodies, and will adjust our plans accordingly if it changes.
Fulfilling our privacy and data security commitments is important to Insurance Thought Leadership. So we’re happy to help you understand what Insurance Thought Leadership has done to prepare for all the changes the GDPR brings. This page will be revised to reflect GDPR-related information as it becomes available.
If you have any questions about what Insurance Thought Leadership has done around GDPR or how Insurance Thought Leadership’s actions will affect you, please contact us at email@example.com